If you are in the winter blahs, I have a couple of apps that just might perk you and your students up! These free and easy to use apps are not only fun, but can be used across the curriculum.
Ideas for Classroom Use:
- All About Me Presentation
- Share Writing or Project through Pictures of the Process
- Demonstrate a Science or Math Concept
- Use to Report on a Place, Historical Event, or Person
- Share Personal Hobbies, Passions, Trips
- What I Did Over the Summer or Winter Break
- How To Presentations
- Character of a Book Talks
- Famous Person Talks
- Teacher Gives Directions or Announcements
- Have students make one to share at Open House or Parent Conferences with the student’s thoughts about their own learning and goals for the next quarter!
- End of the year memories!
Hey Lori, I have a question for you. My 3rd graders are doing projects on Dr. King on the iPads. I was having them use educreations so they could add pictures, text and voice, but it will not allow them to save their progress, so they lost everything. What app would you suggest to replace it? I was looking at Explain Everything or Shadow Puppets. Any thoughts on which one you think would work better or a totally different app? Thanks for your help!
I like both Shadow Puppet and Explain Everything. Shadow Puppet is really easy to use but you can't add text. It just does pictures and recording. Explain Everything includes all of the features you are wanting.
So awesome! Love the new apps, and can't wait to try them. I was at your training in Hilo and have already implemented some of the things we learned, my students and I are LOVING it! Mahalo Nui again, your knowledge and sharing is much appreciated.